The library currently provides 34 computers and two scanners for teens and adults, four computers in The Square specifically for teens, and 15 computers for kids. Internet use is free for residents. Non-residents receive one free 30 minute session per day, and pay 50 cents per each half-hour more. Internet users under 18 must have a parent or guardian sign our parental permission form. All Internet users must read and accept our Internet Policy and Rules for Use before using the Internet. All Internet use is filtered; we ask that you avoid looking at materials that may be disruptive to other library users.
- Our computers run Windows XP. Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Internet Explorer browsers are available. Microsoft Office 2007 (Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Access and Publisher), the OpenOffice Productivity Suite and GIMP (graphics editor) are installed on all computers.
- Your files should be saved online or onto a personal storage device. Flash drives are available to purchase for $9; CD-RWs and DVD-RWs are available for $1.
- Free wireless Internet is available. Look for "Franklin Park Library" listed under available wi-fi networks. Our network uses 802.11n, and is compatible with 802.11b and 802.11g devices. Wireless Internet use falls under the same rules as our Internet Policy. Access is available throughout the building, but there may be spots of weak or no connectivity.
- Our three Laptop Areas offer multiple electrical outlets for easy charging while you work. The Square also offers an area for teens to work and charge their own devices.
- Color printing is 50 cents per page. Black and white printing is 10 cents per page.
- Print virtually any document or web page from your home computer, wi-fi enabled phone, tablet, or laptop to our library printers. Documents will automatically be deleted after four hours.
Interested in learning more about computers and technology? Find out more about our computer tutorials.
Digital Media Lab
Need the equipment and assistance to create your own digital content such as videos, music, and more? Learn what our Digital Media Lab offers.