Celebrate the freedom to read with us during Banned Books Week from 9/22 - 9/28, 2013. Banned Books Week is an annual event in which the Franklin Park Library joins with libraries nationwide to promote the value of free and open access to information and the harmful effects on censorship. We have a variety of activities for you to learn more about challenged books:
- Watch a movie based on a banned book at our Banned Book into Movie Night on Tuesday, 9/24 @ 6PM
- View and explore our Banned Books wall display for recently challenged books across the U.S. and learn the reasons why they were challenged.
- Check out our Banned Books display across from the Circulation Desk, and try reading a banned book.
- Read about challenged and banned books over the years. You may find your favorite authors and titles.
- Join in national events on social media such as the Banned Books Week 2013 Twitter Party and Hangouts on Air on Google+ featuring authors whose books were challenged.