The Franklin Park Public Library District is an independent library district serving Franklin Park, Illinois, a community of over 18,000 in Chicago’s near west suburbs. Throughout the Library’s 117 year history, its location changed several times before settling into the current 25,000 square foot building in the mid-1980s.
Over the years, the Library’s resources have expanded to a current collection of about 179,000 volumes including materials in Spanish and Polish. In addition to books, the Library provides access to a variety of online resources, ebooks, streaming media, audiobooks, DVDs, Blu Ray DVDs, and CDs, and hosts regular programs for all ages. The Library is a member of RAILS (Reaching Across Illinois Library System) and SWAN (System Wide Automated Network). The Library’s Executive Director is Marie Saeli (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Our mission is to maintain and improve the quality of life for people of the community by providing multi-faceted access to educational and recreational information while promoting the value of the Library and its services.
Back issues of our local newspaper, the Franklin Park Herald-Journal, are on microfilm back to the very first issue in 1946. Bound print copies are also available. The Chicago Tribune’s online archives cover 1985 to the present.